Since I had to cut out all dairy, gluten and soy from my diet, I have been on the lookout for recipes that can, at least, make me think I’m eating the good stuff. Pinterest is my best friend! (side note, if you want to follow me, please do so). I found this recipe that was linked to the blog Stacy Makes Cents. It was really good and I actually had to change a few things to make it a little more Ellie friendly.
(I unfortunately did not take photos but I will do better, I promise!)
- 1 lb of boneless chicken, cubed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper
- 2 cups, chopped potato (I peeled mine but you don’t have to)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 can coconut milk (the can, because it’s thicker)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- gluten free bread (optional)
1) Throw the chicken, onions, carrots, potatoes, pepper, chicken broth, and salt/garlic salt into the crock pot
2)Cook for 6 hours on low
3) The last hour, add the coconut milk and peas
Serve with gluten free bread to finish the pot pie affect (my husband ate regular biscuits because he’s not eating like me)
This recipe is different from the original but I 1) had to cut out the dairy to make it Ellie friendly and 2) didn’t have garlic powder, so I just used garlic salt. It was really really good and I felt like I was eating chicken pot pie! It’s obviously not as good at my mom’s home made chicken pot pie, but since that makes my baby break out and gives her terrible reflux/stomach pain, this is what I eat!
I hope you enjoy!
p.s. next time, I’ll take pictures, I promise!